WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Harvey was in line t
douhua2233

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 02:41
Harvey was in line t

Edwin Jackson figures he’ll enjoy pitching for as long as teams are willing to put him on the mound.

Jackson tied a record Monday when he played for his 13th major league club Cheap Luke Falk Jersey , allowing a run in six innings for the Oakland Athletics in their 5-4 victory over the Detroit Tigers. Called up from Triple-A for his first big league appearance of 2018, Jackson matched the mark for most teams set by former reliever Octavio Dotel.

”It’s always good to be wanted,” Jackson said. ”When I can’t find a team that wants to bring me in, then I guess it’ll be time to sit it down. But until then, I like to come out. I like to compete, to have fun. I feel like I still have something in me and that I can bring value to a team.”

Jed Lowrie hit a tiebreaking solo homer in the top of the ninth. The A’s trailed 4-1 after Detroit’s Nicholas Castellanos hit a three-run homer in the seventh, but Oakland scored three in the eighth off Joe Jimenez to tie it. Then Lowrie connected for his 12th home run of the year, barely fair down the line in right field off a cutter from Shane Greene (2-4).

Lou Trivino (6-1) got the win in relief, and Blake Treinen pitched the ninth for his 18th save in 20 chances. The A’s have won seven of nine.

Jordan Zimmermann pitched five scoreless innings for the Tigers, but that wasn’t enough to prevent Detroit’s sixth straight loss.

”I felt good Authentic James Daniels Jersey ,” Zimmermann said. ”I threw a lot of sliders today, and they were pretty good.”

Stephen Piscotty and Jonathan Lucroy had three hits apiece for Oakland. Piscotty hit a solo homer in the seventh to tie it at 1. The A’s have homered in a record 26 consecutive road games.

The 34-year-old Jackson allowed six hits and struck out seven with no walks. It was his first start since Sept. 28, when he was with Washington.

”For most guys, it’s tough to go to a new team in the middle of a season. There can be some nerves and some uncomfortableness being with a new team,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. ”This is probably the last guy that you worry about that, being that it’s his 13th team. He seemed real comfortable when he came out of the bullpen, seemed really comfortable when he took the mound. That has a lot to do with experience.”

Down by three in the eighth, Oakland chipped away against Jimenez. Marcus Semien hit a sacrifice fly, and Lucroy followed with an RBI single. Then Franklin Barreto tied it with a run-scoring double.

John Hicks hit an RBI single for Detroit in the fourth to open the scoring.

Oakland center fielder Dustin Fowler made a diving catch with a runner on second to end the seventh.

JOURNEY

Jackson made his big league debut in 2003 with the Dodgers. He’s also pitched for the Rays, Tigers http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-preston-brown-jersey , Diamondbacks, White Sox, Cardinals, Nationals, Cubs, Braves, Marlins, Padres and Orioles. Detroit traded him in 2009 as part of the three-team deal with Arizona and the New York Yankees that brought Max Scherzer to the Tigers.

”I’ve been playing against him forever, so I was pretty familiar with his stuff, just from a hitting standpoint Authentic Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey ,” said Lucroy, Oakland’s catcher. ”Look, this guy’s an innings eater. He throws strikes. He fills the zone up, attacks guys. Veteran pitcher who knows exactly what he’s doing out there.”

Monday marked eight years since Jackson threw a no-hitter for Arizona at Tampa Bay.

CITIZENS

Before the game, the Tigers held a ceremony for a group of people being sworn in as American citizens. Included were Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias and outfielder Leonys Martin, both natives of Cuba.

”It’s amazing,” Iglesias said before the game. ”Become an American citizen on a ballpark, and with full uniform and everything. It’s a blessing.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Athletics: Oakland reinstated LHP Ryan Buchter from the disabled list. He’d been on the DL since April 26 with a strained left shoulder. The A’s also purchased Jackson’s contract from Triple-A Nashville, designated RHP Liam Hendriks for assignment and optioned OF Nick Martini to Nashville.

UP NEXT

Detroit sends LHP Blaine Hardy (3-1) to the mound Tuesday night against Oakland RHP Frankie Montas (4-1).

As far as Javier Baez is concerned, no deficit is too big for the Chicago Cubs to overcome.

Baez and his teammates showed why he feels that way on Saturday.

Baez homered and had four hits – including a game-tying infield single in the eighth – and the Cubs rallied from a five-run deficit for an 8-7 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.

Anthony Rizzo’s RBI groundout capped a four-run eighth inning for Chicago Chukwuma Okorafor Color Rush Jersey , which has come from behind in each of its last eight wins.

”That’s what we do,” Baez said. ”We fight to the end. We’ve been coming back since 2016.”

Eugenio Suarez homered and Billy Hamilton added three hits and three stolen bases for Cincinnati, which had its five-game winning streak against the Cubs snapped.

Randy Rosario (4-0) allowed two hits in 2 1/3 innings to get the win. Brandon Morrow worked the ninth for his 20th save.

The Reds took a 7-4 lead into the eighth, but reliever Amir Garrett – who retired three straight batters in the seventh – walked Victor Caratini and Addison Russell to start the inning. Pinch hitter David Bote then singled to load the bases.

Jared Hughes (2-3) replaced Garrett and Ben Zobrist greeted him with a two-run double to left-center to trim the deficit to 7-6. Baez followed with a comebacker, but Hughes bobbled the ball and then fell down as he picked it up. Baez was credited with an RBI infield hit as Bote scored for a tie at 7.

”It was right there; it hit my glove,” Hughes said. ”I think it was a hit, but still, I should have made the play.”

Rizzo then drove in Zobrist with a groundout to second base to put Chicago on top.

”Amir gave us a clean seventh inning, and the wheels fell off in the eighth,” Cincinnati manager Jim Riggleman said.

The five-run deficit was the largest the Cubs have overcome during the eight comeback wins.

”It’s fantastic Authentic John Tavares Jersey ,” Bote said of Chicago’s string of comebacks. ”The quality at-bats the last two weeks have been incredible.”

Suarez’s three-run blast in the third gave the Reds a 5-0 lead.

Chicago moved closer with a pair of runs in the fourth. Caratini drove in the first with a double and then scored on an RBI groundout by Russell.

Cincinnati reclaimed the five-run advantage with single runs in the fifth and sixth innings on RBI singles by Jesse Winker and Joey Votto.

The Cubs made it 7-3 in the bottom of the sixth as Rosario drove in a run with a single for his first major league hit and RBI.

Baez’s 17th homer leading off the seventh trimmed the deficit to three runs.

HARVEY SOLID

Reds starter Matt Harvey was in line to win his fourth straight start before the eighth-inning meltdown. The right-hander allowed three runs (two earned) in 5 2/3 innings. He has a 1.88 ERA over his last four starts. ”It’s a good sign that I can go out, not feel great, be out of whack and still get somewhat deep in the game and limit the damage,” Harvey said.

SUN FIELD

Harvey might have completed the sixth without giving up a third run had right fielder Scott Schebler not lost a pop fly by Russell in the sun with one out. It dropped in for a double. Rosario followed with a single to drive in Russell.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Cubs: OF Jason Heyward left the game after taking a foul ball to the groin in the third inning. 3B Kris Bryant (left shoulder inflammation) took batting practice, fielded grounders and ran the bases before the game. Manager Joe Maddon said Bryant will go on a rehab assignment before being activated, although the details haven’t been worked out yet.

UP NEXT

LHP Jon Lester (11-2, 2.25 ERA) looks to become the NL’s first 12-game winner on Sunday in the finale of the three-game series. Lester has won seven straight starts. RHP Luis Castillo (5-8, 5.53) pitches for the Reds.

Go To Top