WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: breakthrough win over pan
lasky1994

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 05:15
breakthrough win over pan

His aide, Rebecca Chan Hoi-yan, who had served as his political assistant, is now being floated as a likely candidate.

“I am not going to run in the coming Legco by-election in the Kowloon Nike Air Max 2016 Dames West constituency,” Ko said at noon. “After some detailed consideration, I find it impossible to balance well my clinical work and a lawmaker’s duties if I win the election.”

The practising orthopaedic surgeon, who recently joined the pro-establishment New People’s Party as an Nike Air Max Jewell Womens adviser, said his priority was always taking care of his patients.On whether he supported Chan replacing him as a candidate, Ko said: “She had fought together with me over the past five years. No matter whether she runs or not, I will give her my full support.”

Chan said on Friday that she needed more time to decide whether to run, but thanked others for their encouragement.

The by-election is scheduled for November 25 to fill the seat vacated by localist politician Lau Siu-lai, who had been victorious during the 2016 general election but was disqualified by a court over her improper swearing-in.

She and five other opposition politicians were removed from their positions during the Legco oath-taking saga. Four of the seats were filled in the March by-election, with Nike Air Max 270 Mujer Vincent Cheng Wing-shun of the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment and Progress of Hong Kong (DAB) scoring a breakthrough Adidas ZX 500 Womens win over pan-democrat Edward Yiu Chung-yim in Kowloon West.Two seats remained unfilled because of pending court appeals by Lau and “Long Hair” Leung Kwok-hung. Lau decided to drop her appeal in May.

Sources in the pro-government camp admitted that it would be very difficult to duplicate Cheng’s by-election success, as it was Nike Air Max Classic BW Womens the result of multiple factors including an early start to his campaign and mistakes made by the opposition.

Some of the bloc’s key stakeholders, in particular Beijing’s liaison office in the city, had pinned their hopes on the former health chief’s “celebrity effect”.

Ko had been the most popular minister in the previous chief executive’s cabinet. His support rate for most of his term had hovered at more than 70 per cent.

Go To Top