WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Bulk of PoEs Audience Is Pretty Mainstream Now
pathofexilenews

[*] posted on 16-4-2018 at 06:49
The Bulk of PoEs Audience Is Pretty Mainstream Now

This is something most of us are aware of by now, but I really feel like GGG should put a lot of priority on balancing gearing options along with their skill reworks. With the advent of broken shaper stat stick offhands, the plight of 2-H weapons is becoming more dire. Personally, I love the hard-hitting style that a lot of 2-H weapons feel like they should bring, but the numbers just aren't there. It's a shame that dual wielding offers more mobility, defenses, and more damage than 2-handers. While I know that a large portion of the playerbase prefers to attack fast, please consider the fact that many players are choosing not to use 2-handers because they are simply worse rather than because they lack the flavor the players desire. Do you want to poe buy items? If you do, you can visit U4GM to have more guides and methods about this.

Because there was very little left to use crafting currency on. After the ES nerf and before Elder/Shaper items you could be at 90% of your gear power level by the time you hit 90 unless you had expensive uniques. They've got a complicated thing here to balance. How strong should a character be with self found loot at level 90, one who invests around 20c, and then how much progression should be left for a character that pushes 95+ that has multiple exalts to spend as well as currency to craft.

The bulk of PoEs audience is pretty mainstream now, they need those people to feel comfortable with minimal trading by level 90 to start to clear red maps, at the same time they still want to keep a backbone of more hardcore players grinding. If you only have 10% more power left to grind for after level 90 you will see a significant number of the more hardcore audience quit sooner as there's nothing to grind for.

I hope big badass 2-h weapons are strong for a large variety of builds with the skill reworks coming up next league and I think something needs to be done to get them there.

Go To Top