WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Seahawks were not aware of alleged Michael Bennett incident at Super Bowl that led to Friday's indictment
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 27-3-2018 at 06:13
Seahawks were not aware of alleged Michael Bennett incident at Super Bowl that led to Friday's indictment

A league source told The News Tribune the Seahawks "were not aware" of the alleged incident at last year's Super Bowl involving Michael Bennett that got their since-traded Pro Bowl defensive end indicted by a Houston grand jury on Friday.

The source told the TNT the Seahawks and only learned of it when the grand jury announced the indictment against Bennett on Friday.

Seattle traded Bennett and a seventh-round draft choice to the Eagles this month in exchange for wide receiver Marcus Johnson and a fifth-round pick.

Bennett was indicted Friday by a Harris County (Texas) grand jury for a felony charge of allegedly abusing an elderly woman who was working on the security detail at the 2017 Super Bowl there.

Sherman started by going through what turned out to be his final days with the Seattle Seahawks:,In an article for The Players' Tribune

they said.,"First of all,Womens Johnathan Joseph Jersey, contrary to some reports, but it would be soon,Authentic Xavier Su'a-Filo Jersey, they informed me of their intent to release me. They didn't know when they were going to do it, the Seahawks didn't ask me to take a pay cut. There was no negotiation. When I met with them on March 7 to discuss my future

"Two days later I was in Las Vegas at the NFLPA meetings, sitting up on a stage in front of like 200 people in a giant hotel conference room, when my phone started blowing up. News of Seattle's plans had gotten out.

"A few of hours later, at about 1 p.m. Pacific, the Seahawks officially released me."

"They wanted me to fly to San Jose to have dinner with Kyle Shanahan. So I got my affairs in order — I had literally been a free agent for only a few minutes — and wrapped up some union business. Then I went back to my hotel with my fiancée, Ashley, and we grabbed our things and jumped on a flight.

Kyle made one hell of a pitch. He has an incredible football mind — he's just a great tactician — and we talked for hours about different schemes and about his vision for the team. He really impressed me.","At dinner

Sherman—who represented himself this offseason—said Seahawks general manager John Schneider told him to bring his offer back to Seattle so it could have a chance to match it. ,After negotiating his deal with the 49ers

which would have been second on the Eagles.,The Eagles acquired Bennett and a seventh-round pick from the Seattle Seahawks last week in exchange for wide receiver Marcus Johnson and a fifth-round pick. Bennett was one of the most productive edge rushers in the NFL last season, finishing with 8.5 sacks, 44 hurries, and 16 QB hits...a total of 68 pressures. Bennett also had 12 run stops

Bennett still has three years remaining on his contract and is owed $26,325,000 until 2020.

A few Seahawks coaches talked to Albert Breer of the Monday Morning Quarterback on what the Eagles were getting with Bennett and why the Seahawks moved fast in trading him. The response shouldn't surprise anyone in Philadelphia if Eagles fans remember the Jay Ajayi "ordeal."

is a good fit., A player who isn’t quite what he was and picked his spots more than he has in the past, according to the three offensive coaches I asked about him. He was also a pain in the ass for the Seattle coaches. The good news? With the depth of the Eagles defensive line,Authentic Bryan Anger Jersey, on paper, and Philly’s locker room,Authentic Lamar Miller Jersey, Bennett will be more of a spot player there

Bennett has been one of the more outspoken voices in the NFL over the last few years, sitting for the national anthem in response toward police brutality, and engaging in social issues after his conflicts with the Las Vegas police last August.

while condemning violence against women.,Authentic Brian Cushing Jersey,While Bennett was outspoken, often visited Seattle high schools to encourage students on believing their lives mattered, he also gives back to the community like may players currently on the Eagles. Bennett would meet with kids at the Youth Detention Center In Seattle

healthy lifestyle choices. Bennett also donated all his endorsement money from 2017 to charities that focus on helping minority communities and empowering women of color. He also donated 50 percent of his proceeds from his jersey sales to inner-city garden projects.,Authentic Johnathan Joseph Jersey,Bennett and his family started The Bennett Foundation to help prevent childhood obesity. By educating communities through free, The Bennett Foundation hopes to provide kids and families with the knowledge and resources that will enable them to make good,Womens Duane Brown Jersey, accessible programming

A man who has made a living defending NFL wide receivers on Tuesday spent time defending the contract he signed with the 49ers.

Sherman said the criticism is rooted in the fact that he negotiated the deal by himself and that it's in agents' best interest to make it look foolhardy.,Richard Sherman's three-year, $39 million deal, which he signed on March 12, has been widely criticized because much of it is tied to incentives. At a news conference Tuesday

it makes them more accountable for their actions (or) more players will do this.","I just think it's one of those things where the agents feel uncomfortable with a player taking the initiative to do his own deal, it puts a fire under them," he said. "Obviously

those teams didn't have the salary-cap space to accommodate the deal he had worked out with San Francisco.,The cornerback's negotiation with general manager John Lynch and the 49ers' chief contract negotiator, Paraag Marathe, took more than five hours and Sherman was on the phone with other interested teams – the Seahawks, Lions and Raiders – throughout. In the end

but Sherman will be 30 when the 2018 season begins and he's coming off a ruptured Achilles tendon.,Some of Sherman's contract total is tied to making the Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams and to playing 90 percent of the 49ers' defensive snaps. Those might have been reasonable goals in previous seasons

Recently retired Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas was one of the contract's critics, writing on Twitter that Sherman "got absolutely crushed" by the 49ers. "This is clearly a case of ego getting in the way of his pocket book," Thomas wrote. Former Browns and Eagles executive Joe Banner agreed.

$5 million? I'll convince him that that's good enough.' ","I think a lot more players feel educated enough to move forward and negotiate their own deals," he said. "I think these agents sometimes benefit from relationships. 'Oh,Womens Nick Folk Jersey, I called this guy. How much are you willing to give him? Oh, we've had dealings for years.' And they really don't have to do a ton of work. 'Hey,Womens Bryan Anger Jersey, I know this GM. Oh

He held the news conference in a bright red suit befitting his new team. Perhaps most significant was that he wasn't wearing a walking boot after recent arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his left Achilles. Sherman downplayed both that and the full rupture he had in the right Achilles last season. He said he felt he'd be at full strength by May or June.

" he said. "He deserves his money.",Sherman noted that free agency is ongoing but said he was concerned that former 49ers safety Eric Reid has yet to be signed. "I’m praying that he gets picked up,Womens Lamar Miller Jersey, but if he doesn’t then I think there would be a conversation between the league office and the union on potential legal action,Womens Brian Cushing Jersey," he said. Sherman is a member of the NFL Players Association's board of representatives. He called Reid a "top five, top 10" NFL safety. "He’s made enough plays to be signed with a team and to make his money

" he said.,Authentic Duane Brown Jersey,Sherman said this month has been a bit of whirlwind. He jumped from one team to it's one-time bitter rival on March 12. He's getting married March 28. And he turns 30 on March 30. "We’ll write that down in the record books later about how this month went

Go To Top