WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kucherov leads Lightning past Canadiens 3-2 in shootout
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 14-3-2018 at 06:22
Kucherov leads Lightning past Canadiens 3-2 in shootout

the NHL-best Tampa Bay Lightning have reached a new milestone: first in the league to 100 points.,With their latest run

and Tampa Bay beat the Montreal Canadiens 3-2 on Saturday. The Lightning improved to 9-0-1 in their last 10 games, with six victories coming in overtime or in the shootout.,Authentic Victor Hedman jersey,Nikita Kucherov scored the tying goal in the third period and converted in the fourth round of the shootout

" Lightning coach Jon Cooper said.,"You have to give credit to the guys. They've found a way to get points and that's what you have to do

standing on top of the crease to convert a pass from Steven Stamkos to beat Antti Niemi and force overtime. It was the seventh time in the past eight games that the Lightning were tied at the end of regulation.,adidas Nikita Kucherov jersey,Kucherov scored his 33rd of the season with 6:17 left in regulation

never trailing in the game. Montreal kept in check a Tampa Bay team that had scored three or more goals 14 times in its previous 15 games.,The Canadiens — third-worst in the Eastern Conference with 62 points — gave the Lightning all they could handle

" Montreal coach Claude Julien said,adidas James Van Riemsdyk jersey, "but I appreciated the effort this afternoon. I thought our guys played hard and we really pushed.","I don't want to make it sound like I'm OK with losing because I'm not and we're not

also on the power play, at 13:43 to tie the game.,adidas Auston Matthews jersey,Artturi Lehkonen put Montreal in front early with a power-play goal on a one-timer after the rebound of Charles Hudon's shot was blocked and landed right in his path at 4:10 of the opening period. Tyler Johnson responded with his 20th of the season

which led to a 3-on-1 break the other way.,Alex Galchenyuk put the Canadiens back in front at 3:00 of the second period after Ryan McDonagh,adidas Daniel Sedin jersey, had his cross-ice pass intercepted by Hudon, playing his first game with Tampa Bay since being acquired from the New York Rangers on Feb. 26

failing to convert on a pair of third-period power-play chances.,But Montreal was unable to create more separation

" former Lightning winger Jonathan Drouin said. "Especially when you're playing a team like that with so much offense and so much power. We just couldn't get it done.","You have to make sure to capitalize on those chances and get a two-goal lead

Miller forced a turnover behind the net to get the puck to Stamkos.,The Lightning found a spark when J.T. Miller, was moved onto the line with Stamkos and Kucherov to start the third period. On the tying goal, acquired from the Rangers at the trade deadline

who has two goals and six points in six games since the trade. "It's a heck of an opportunity. It makes my job easy playing with those guys. Fortunate to get one in the third there and come out with the win.","If you told me a while ago I would have been playing on a line with those two," said Miller, I would have laughed

breaking the old franchise record of seven.,Florida has also won eight straight home games

Senators coach Guy Boucher didn’t address the specifics of how well the Panthers have been playing the past six weeks or how good the Lightning have played all season. But he did talk about the schedule the Senators (23-33-11) have had to endure in what has been a lost season.

the Senators lead the NHL in a dubious statistic: having the most sets of back-to-back games (19).,After all

” Boucher told The Ottawa Senators. “That’s tough.”,“We’ve got back-to-backs and back-to-backs and back-to-backs

Boucher said he saw another example last week after playing on Thursday and again on Friday.

and we’re going to have to fight that (feeling).”,“You saw it on Friday (a 2-1 loss to the Calgary Flames), but you are missing that edge. It is that little bit of energy that makes all the difference in the world,” Boucher said. “You push

who practiced in Ottawa on Sunday morning before flying to Florida, also played two games in Sweden this season as part of their brutal schedule.,The Senators

despite missing nine games due to injury.,In addition, they lost their top winger, in the Calgary game. Stone suffered a leg injury and did not make the trip to Florida. He leads the team with 62 points in 58 games,adidas Jonathan Drouin jersey, Mark Stone

The Senators are expected to replace Stone with Marian Gaborik on a line that also includes Bobby Ryan and Jean-Gabriel Pageau.

Florida (34-25-7) is healthy other than a knee injury that figures to sideline second-line winger Denis Malgin for two more weeks.,Meanwhile

who had an ankle injury, made his Panthers debut after being acquired from the Boston Bruins on Feb. 22.,Authentic Nikita Kucherov jersey,But the Panthers got winger Frank Vatrano off injured reserve in Saturday’s 4-3 home shootout win over the New York Rangers. Vatrano

in place of Malgin, and Vatrano responded on Saturday with a goal in his debut with the team.,Authentic James Van Riemsdyk jersey,The Panthers put him on that second line

skating on the second line with Vincent Trocheck and Jonathan Huberdeau.,Vatrano played a career-high 19:05

” Vatrano said. “It was probably the most minutes I’ve played in two years (since his AHL days).”,Authentic Auston Matthews jersey,“I haven’t played in about a month

and Panthers scouts surely saw that when making the move to acquire him in exchange for a third-round pick this June.,The Panthers have high hopes for Vatrano, compiling 55 points,Authentic Daniel Sedin jersey, a 23-year-old who scored 10 goals in 44 games with the Bruins last season. He scored 36 goals in 36 AHL games in 2015-2016

when the home streak started, the Panthers lead the NHL in home wins. Goalie Roberto Luongo is 7-0-0 at home during that streak with a 2.10 goals-against average and a .942 save percentage.,Vatrano merely adds to a team that was already on fire before he made his debut. Since Feb. 22

it’s a pretty safe bet that they feel pretty good about the deal now.,However badly J.T. Miller and Ryan McDonagh felt when they were dealt by the Rangers at the NHL trade deadline

Thursday night at Amalie Arena.,Miller was on the ice but McDonagh remained out with a hand injury when their new team, the Tampa Bay Lightning, 5-3, pounded their old one

which at 47-17-4 has the most points in the league, dominated the first two periods and chased Henrik Lundqvist in the second period after scoring four goals on 31 shots. Tampa Bay loosened its grip on the game in the third and the Rangers scored twice.,The Lightning

who scored one of the two goals by the Rangers in the third period. “They were better than us in every aspect of the game. And that’s just how it is.”,“Today, in the first two periods,” said Mats Zuccarello, you saw the difference between a bottom team and a top team

and them maybe taking their foot off the gas a little bit.”,“That’s the hardest a team’s come at us all year long,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. “They came at us with speed and skill; we had a real hard time following the pace. There’s no doubt they dominated us, but I thought in the second half of the game, Authentic Jonathan Drouin jersey,obviously, we battled and executed better — a combination of us playing a little bit better

and the Rangers’ first shot came with 9:07 left in the first period. The shots were 20-1 after 15 minutes and 21-5 at the first intermission.,adidas Victor Hedman jersey,Tampa Bay took the first 15 shots of the game

Go To Top