WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: N.Y. Rangers' front office acknowledges changes coming
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 08:23
N.Y. Rangers' front office acknowledges changes coming

In an unprecedented dose of honesty to their fans, the 25-24-5 Rangers released a letter that confirms what many reports have been suggesting: they are open for business as the Feb. 26 deadline looms.

“As we approach the trade deadline later this month and into the summer, competitive players that combine speed, we will be focused on adding young, skill and character,Authentic Connor Hellebuyck jersey,” Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton and team president Glen Sather said in their joint letter Thursday.

guys we all care about and respect. While this is part of the game,“This may mean we lose some familiar faces,adidas Connor Hellebuyck jersey, it’s never easy. Our promise to you is that our plans will be guided by our singular commitment: ensuring we are building the foundation for our next Stanley Cup contender.”

both under contract until 2019,The players most widely connected to trade rumors include two on expiring contracts: forwards Rick Nash and Michael Grabner. The Rangers also will likely trade pending unrestricted free agent defenseman Nick Holden. Defenseman Ryan McDonagh and forward Mats Zuccarello,Authentic Claude Giroux jersey, have been mentioned in reports as being available as well.

In a news conference following the letter's release, Gorton and Sather acknowledged that their goal is to infuse new youth into the organization. The organization as a whole — from the front office through the players — has struggled and Gorton did not want to single out coach Alain Vigneault.

The Rangers have advanced to the playoffs in seven consecutive seasons and 11 of the past 12. But that success is in doubt this season as they are three points out of the final wild-card position, posting a 9-13-3 record since Dec. 11 with five regulation wins during that span.

but Flower was a huge part of the organization during some of the Penguins’ best years and when Pittsburgh ultimately decided to send him to Vegas (the Penguins gave Vegas a second round pick in exchange for them agreeing to take Fleury in the expansion draft),Authentic Shayne Gostisbehere jersey,Marc-Andre Fleury’s tenure in Pittsburgh wasn’t always roses, he left as a three-time Stanley Cup champion who won 375 regular season games and 62 playoff contests with Pittsburgh. So it was great to see the Penguins’ tribute to him last night be followed by a lengthy standing ovation from the fans. You can see the video of that here.

He didn’t slow down the hot Penguins in his return to Pittsburgh though. Evgeni Malkin, and Sidney Crosby had another big night with Malkin recording his 30th goal while Crosby got his 60th point. In the end it was Pittsburgh that got the win,Authentic Nolan Patrick jersey, though Fleury has been amazing this season when healthy and he’s helped the Golden Knights on their incredible expansion team run so far. Meanwhile, Phil Kessel, after some shaky points from Pittsburgh,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, the two-time defending champion Penguins are looking like one of the best teams in the league going into the final stretch.

Adam Henrique scored the overtime winner. It was his 16th goal and 32nd point in 54 games. That includes 18 points in 30 contests since being acquired by the Ducks.

Ondrej Kase found the back of the net and registered an assist for Anaheim. He’s up to 14 goals and 25 points in 39 games.

though he had picked up a win on Jan. 25 in a relief appearance. At any rate,Ryan Miller kicked out 30 of 33 Sabres shots. He had lost his previous four starts, it was a decent start for him after he surrendered six goals on Monday and three goals on just seven shots on Saturday.

From the moment news hit that Rick Nash had submitted his no-trade list of teams to the New York Rangers, and knowing his personality a bit, speculation has run rampant regarding the 33-year-old winger's trade-deadline destination. Having watched Nash play for the past few years, I'd have to say that comfortability would be the most important factor in finding a successful temporary home for him.

I'm not sure there's a better fit between team and player at this trade deadline. It's the kind of situation that perfectly suits him as a high-profile acquisition: Pressure, but not the kind of "savior of our Stanley Cup chances" pressure that he might feel in, a Canadian market; the chance to contribute offensively, but with the knowledge that Tyler Seguin, say, Jamie Benn and Alex Radulov will shoulder the heaviest offensive load for the Stars; and perhaps above all else, a relationship and mutual trust with Dallas coach Ken Hitch**** that extends back to their time together with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

"He made me understand that defense is one of the most important parts of the game, and it's definitely changed my career, and you get all your offense from a strong defense," Nash said of Hitch in an interview with ESPN in 2011.

Nash can slot in as a second-line left winger to instantly increase the Stars' scoring depth, the Stars have the picks and prospects to entice the Rangers, play his game and help make a middling Dallas power play better. Meanwhile, as Nash's availability should create a nice, tidy bidding war.

Greg. I certainly could see it. I could also see Nash helping out the St. Louis Blues or Winnipeg Jets or San Jose Sharks or Pittsburgh Penguins or ... OK,Emily Kaplan: I think Nash to the Stars makes a lot of sense, pretty much any team in a position to contend that might need one extra spark.

But the Blue Jackets just dropped their fourth consecutive game since the All-Star break,Authentic Wayne Simmonds jersey, a stinging 3-2 loss to the Washington Capitals on Tuesday that coach John Tortorella called a "punch to the stomach." So I'm thinking that Columbus may need some trade-deadline reconfiguring in order to punch back. I'm also thinking about what you said, and the franchise's first No. 1 pick and. Sure, the Columbus fan base has soured on him a bit since he was shipped to Broadway,adidas Wayne Simmonds jersey, Greg: Comfortability would be the most important factor in finding a successful temporary home for Nash. Where would Nash be more comfortable than Columbus? He has played for Tortorella. He has spent more time in Ohio's capital city (nine seasons) than anywhere else during his professional career. He's the Blue Jackets' all-time points leader, but honestly,adidas Claude Giroux jersey, it would be a reunion that could warm any jaded hockey fan's heart.

Before you roll your eyes, five-player trade in July 2012 that sent Nash to New York. Let's also assess where things stand for the Blue Jackets. They have elite goaltending and a ton of exciting young talent, first let me remind you that both the Rangers and Blue Jackets have new general managers since the blockbuster,adidas Shayne Gostisbehere jersey, but haven't been able to sustain success after an impressive start to the season. The Rangers will reportedly shoulder some of Nash's contract in order to reap the most from the trade, and the Blue Jackets have some cap flexibility.

When I visited Columbus' training camp in September," he told me. "This year,adidas Nolan Patrick jersey, I asked Werenski how the Blue Jackets had changed over the past 12 months. "[During the 2016-17 season] we thought we might be good, we know we're good." I wonder how that confidence has been altered since his team has fallen into its recent rut. What I do know is this: Adding a Nash-caliber player to the lineup could do wonders to a team's confidence.

Chris Peters: Columbus was actually the first team that popped into my mind, however, Emily. I think that theory has some pretty decent legs. I kept coming back to a different team, that I think has what the Rangers would want in a deal and a desire to bolster a Cup-contending roster. That would be the Nashville Predators, who have one of the best deal-makers in the NHL in GM David Poile.

Go To Top