WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Reliving the Philadelphia Eagles' Past Chances at Super Bowl Glory
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 07:13
Reliving the Philadelphia Eagles' Past Chances at Super Bowl Glory

The first 52 Super Bowl winners in NFL history have presented us with many wonderful memories, from Garo Yepremian’s ill-fated pass to William “The Refrigerator” Perry’s touchdown run to Jackie Smith’s dropped.

But there was a lot of that, too. So which of the 52 Super Bowl winners was the best? Which was the "worst"? They were all winners, but how do they rank in order of greatness? Sporting News endeavored to establish the definitive ranking, which we did by tapping into the collective wisdom of our staff.

There have been plenty of unforgettable Super Bowls over the last 20 years. In fact, it seems like every other year we have to re-evaluate what we call the best Super Bowl of all-time.

In the older days it wasn't like there weren't plenty of exciting comeback victories, it's just that teams couldn't light up the scoreboard as frequently as they can now.

Well, from worst to first., we've come up with what we think is the definitive ranking of 51 Super Bowls

The Patriots have been involved in a LOT of the drama high on this list, which is good news for Super Bowl LII and could mean some serious action when it comes to the Patriots-Eagles showdown on Sunday.

The defense being this team’s biggest problem is definitely true without a doubt. Tampa Bay’s defense struggled all season long with getting to the quarterback, containing opposing passing games, offenses consistently trampled over the Bucs defense drive after drive which led to back-to-back losses for the Bucs. It also doesn’t help that Noah Spence had an injury-riddled season and Robert Ayers couldn’t seem to get anything going to help the team’s lack of pass-rush. So, generating sacks and generating an effective pass-rush. As a result, to address the dilemma the Bucs would be wise to cut any dead weight that isn’t helping this team live up to its potential and also begin their search for a solid pass-rusher whether that be through free agency or the draft. Smith doesn’t appear to be going anywhere anytime soon so starting with the team’s roster should be the first offseason move Tampa Bay makes no doubt.

“First Take” where he openly admitted that he failed to live up to expectations in his first season with the Bucs and couldn’t be any more frustrated about it. However,Authentic Ali Marpet Jersey, he still believes he has plenty of gas left in the tank and a lot to offer Tampa Bay this upcoming season., Jackson owned up to his mistakes and made it clear that despite his 2017 struggles and him aging

Jackson discussed the Bucs’ disappointing 5-11 finish and weighed in on why he wasn’t as productive as he could have been. Jackson said for some reason he had issues building good chemistry and a solid connection with Jameis Winston which resulted in him finishing the season with just 50 catches for 668 yards and three touchdowns. Meanwhile, Mike Evans,Authentic Derek Wolfe Jersey, when Jackson was asked if he felt that he under-performed, O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate carried the majority of the workload in wake of his struggles and issues. So, he wasn’t shy at all about telling the truth and owning up to his problems.

“Honestly,” Jackson said during the ESPN interview. “It’s just a lot of things that go into that throughout the week. Game plan. Injuries come up. As far as me,Authentic Justin Simmons Jersey, I’m with ya, man. I feel like anytime I’m on that field, I feel like I’m a point in my career with 10 years in, I feel like I’m capable of doing some dangerous things,Authentic Von Miller Jersey, I still feel like I have a lot of football left in me and I can still play at a high level. I just wasn’t able to get the opportunity.”

One of the main reasons Jackson wasn’t as productive is due to the fact that he wasn’t targeted as often and when he was, Jackson plans to work on his connection with Winston along with doing everything he can to complement Evans and lead the receiving game to new heights in 2018., his connection with Winston lacked and was off. But

Though there are areas that are of greater concern for Tampa Bay, there’s a good chance several defensive weapons like Chub may be off the board by the time the Bucs pick. If that’s the case, Barkley would provide the Bucs with the most value at No. 7 no doubt,Womens Adam Humphries Jersey, especially all the uncertainty surrounding Doug Martin’s future.

This pick also makes sense considering the running game’s current state and struggles to generate a rushing attack. We all know Martin is struggling immensely right now with returning to the type of running back he was in 2015. In fact, then they’ll be left with limited depth behind Barber and Sims which means they need a dangerous weapon who could lead this running game to new heights., Martin has failed to rush for 100-plus yards in a game for the last two years. If the Bucs part ways with Martin this offseason

Barkley finished last season with 217 carries for 1,271 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns while leading Penn State to a 10-2 record. Throughout his three years at Penn State,843 yards and 43 rushing touchdowns. So, he has racked up 671 carries for 3, it’s pretty clear that he has a knack for making plays and is a dangerous weapon which is precisely why he’s someone Tampa Bay should at least keep an eye on this offseason with the draft quickly approaching.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston has officially been diagnosed with a sprained AC joint in the shoulder of his throwing arm, and he'll be day-to-day., according to coach Dirk Koetter. There is no structural damage

On Winston's first series Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, he took a jarring hit from linebacker Chandler Jones and fell hard on his right shoulder. He attempted to play through it but was replaced by backup Ryan Fitzpatrick in the second quarter. Fitzpatrick will get the majority of reps this week.

"The fact that he's not definitely out, that's obviously good news, adding that Winston won't attempt to throw until later in the week,Womens Derek Wolfe Jersey," said Koetter, if he throws at all.

The team will make a decision to determine if he can play Sunday against the Buffalo Bills later this week. The issue is more about pain tolerance than anything. Koetter said there is no risk of further injury.

"The way I understand it, he will be cleared medically to play, 'Does Jameis feel like he can play at the level he needs to play at?' Obviously," Koetter said. "I know Jameis can handle a lot of pain -- that's not gonna be an issue -- I think it's going to be more of, the No. 1 thing in all of this is Jameis' long-term health. That has to be the No. 1 thing."

If Winston can't go, Fitzpatrick would start. On Sunday, Fitzpatrick completed 22 of 32 passes for 290 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. He is currently the only healthy quarterback on the Bucs' 53-man roster.

The team's current third quarterback, Ryan Griffin, has been recovering from a sprained AC joint in his shoulder suffered in the preseason, although it has been described as a more severe injury than Winston's. Griffin has been on injured reserve and is eligible to return to practice this week but can't play yet. Koetter and general manager Jason Licht have discussed bringing in another quarterback this week to assist.

Winston, 24, writing that he was “So blessed and humbled that now there is a life coming that I must protect, was the Buccaneers’ No. 1 pick in 2015. The team shared the news of Winston’s impending fatherhood on its Twitter account. Winston also posted on Twitter, Womens Ali Marpet Jersey,inspire and …”

Winston and Allen attended different high schools in the Birmingham,Womens Justin Simmons Jersey, Alabama, area, the Times reported. Allen played basketball at Rice University in Houston.

"I just thought to myself,'" McKenna told the Pioneer Press.,Womens John Elway Jersey, 'I'll never get this opportunity again in my whole life

It was that reaction that turned McKenna into an instant sensation.

"My phone started blowing up,Authentic John Elway Jersey," father John McKenna told the Pioneer Press. "It died, instantly after it happened. We had friends from all over reaching out, like,Authentic Adam Humphries Jersey, I couldn't believe it."

McKenna, a seventh-grader at Derby Academy in Hingham, Massachusetts, posted the selfie to his social media accounts and has already gone viral.

The McKenna family flew into Minneapolis around noon on Sunday and had plans to fly out first thing on Monday morning,Womens Von Miller Jersey, but those plans may already have changed.

"It's a blessing,” said Reedy. “Being in the Super Bowl is something you think about all your life. You talk about it with all your friends when you’re a kid playing football in the yard. The celebration dance you would do if you ever got to the Super Bowl.”

Reedy’s childhood dream has come true. He is on the New England Patriots 53-man roster for Sunday’s big game.

ABC Action News profiled Reedy in May of 2017, he was playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. NFL wide receiver wasn’t the only job he had though. He was still working his $11/hour side job with Care Ride. Care Ride is a wheelchair and ambulatory transportation service in Tampa Bay.

Despite being a professional football player, it’s about helping people who can’t help themselves., he told us then

"I’m going to treat everybody the same way regardless of what position you may be in. That’s just me and I am going to be like this until I leave this earth," said Reedy.

Reedy was released from the Buccaneers a few games into the season and then was picked up by New England. His story was far from over though. Soon after that, only to be picked back up just before the AFC Championship game (which of course they won)., he was released from New England

It hasn’t been an easy road this season for the 26-year-old, but he says he wouldn’t change a thing. He is now playing for the Lombardi Trophy and says a Higher Power gets the credit.

"Right when you need Him he will be on time. When you need Him," said Reedy with a smile., He will be there

Go To Top