WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Matt Nagy takes blame for Chiefs' offensive 'failure' in loss to Titans
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 06:20
Matt Nagy takes blame for Chiefs' offensive 'failure' in loss to Titans

New Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said he called every offensive play for the Kansas City Chiefs in the second half of Saturday's playoff loss to the Tennessee Titans.

that was a failure in my book. ... I felt terrible for our team,"For me, for our organization. We put in a lot of good work."

Nagy served as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator until taking the Bears' job Monday.

after scoring 21 points in the first half,The Chiefs, were shut out afterward and wound up losing 22-21 in the wild-card round. The Chiefs had three first downs and 61 yards in the second half.

When asked after the game who called the offensive plays, Chiefs coach Andy Reid took the blame.

the NFL's leading rusher during the regular season,Running back Kareem Hunt, had just five carries in the second half. The Chiefs led until the Titans took the lead with six minutes remaining.

" Nagy said. "I'll grow from it,"That's a learning situation for me, and I'll learn from it. I promise you that. I'll use that as a strength here for me with the Chicago Bears."

Bears general manager Ryan Pace said he had "mixed emotions" while watching Nagy's playcalling in the second half.

"But one of the things I love about Matt is his humility and willingness to come in and talk about that moment like he did" at the news conference, I was calling the plays, guys, Pace said. "He owned it. 'Hey, this is what happened, this is what I learned from that moment, and this is what I'm going to do better going forward.' I think that says a lot about him as a person."

but he is not required to be listed on the injury report. He is designated for return off of the IR,Meanwhile, while Malcolm Mitchell was not listed either. Mitchell was not spotted at practice during the media available portion of the session, Tom Brady was not listed on the injury report, but does not have to be activated until Friday at 4 p.m. if he is going to return.

When the Texans season ended so ignominiously in Indianapolis on New Year's Eve," we thought, results, we thought we could turn the page and never have to think about 2017 ever again. in so many ways — injuries, Tom Savage fumble sacks — it was the most grueling season in Texans history. "Finally, "it ends, Womens Nick Vannett Jersey,and we can move on!"

and those two teams both won this weekend. Yes, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans ,Authentic Frank Clark Jerseyy,There's only one problem — two South teams made the playoffs, the Jags and the Titans are among the final eight teams still standing in the NFL.

When Mariota is running, the Titans are usually all smiles – because their offense shows signs of life.

“That’s what we know he’s capable of doing,” Robiskie said Wednesday. “I hate to say that, it helps our offense, and when he’s capable of doing that, again I’ll tell you probably 80 percent, but if he can’t do that or he’s in position that he can’t do that or that don’t happen,Authentic C.J. Prosise Jersey, we’re not the offense we’re trying to be.”

teammates saw a swagger in Mariota as he got off the ground and stared down a defender to make them confident their quarterback is feeling good,Mariota ran a career-high 10 times for a season-high 60 yards in Sunday’s win over the Jaguars to help the Titans earn their first playoff berth since 2008. Better yet, possibly even as he did before a broken right leg ended his 2016 season a game early.

before the injury,“That’s old Marcus,Authentic Nick Vannett Jersey,” Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jurrell Casey. “That’s him. This is the Marcus I been waiting to see – him using them legs and making things happen. We need to see that more out of him going forward.”

” Mularkey said. “It was good to see what he did the other night. Obviously,Authentic Lavonte David Jersey,“We’re at that point right now when every man needs to do whatever he can, to make this thing go, whatever it takes, it helped us win the football game. I think it helped him gain a little confidence too that he can do more.”

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has seen enough of Mariota after the quarterback led a game-winning drive late last season to know they have to be careful when he starts running.

he can go,Womens Rees Odhiambo Jersey,” Reid said. “When he kicks that thing into overdrive,“You don’t ever get tricked by that kind of speed that he has, so you have to stay very disciplined with him. That will be one of the challenges for my defense.”

Mariota said he just took advantage of how Jacksonville was playing. Mariota says running came partially from feeling better and simple necessity.

” Mariota said. “It’s just that time of the year. With the magnitude of these games, every guy is probably not going to feel 100 percent,“At this point in time,Womens Lavonte David Jersey, you’ve got to win these games. You’re going to find a way to make a play and hopefully help your team win.”

So, does he think he has his “swagger” back just in time for his NFL playoff debut?

There’s a lot of drama around the Patriots these days. Perhaps you’ve heard?

At least one of those men might be in his final days with the Patriots, even though the team has home-field advantage throughout the postseason and is a favorite to win the Super Bowl.

poor Tom Brady — is still steaming because he did not win any Patriot Of The Week awards all season long,And Brady — poor, even though he’ll win the NFL MVP award less than a month from now.

Yes, and they can all go their separate ways. Clearly, to the point where you can’t help but wonder if the Patriots will even bother to show up to their playoff game on Saturday night. Perhaps they’ll just forfeit, the “lingering sadness” that fills the offices and locker room at Gillette Stadium is very real, call it a year, the dynasty needs to end right now, so why delay it any longer?

despite missing an imaginary open receiver against the Chargers in Week 8, it seems as though the Patriots will indeed try to persevere through these trying times. And it appears Brady — despite being a “changed” man,Yet against all odds, despite being the recipient of a rare hug doled out by Kraft one day — is getting an early start on his preparation.

" and obviously,After being asked about "20 years away" from coaching, "I'm not that old, "I haven't won a game since 2008. But I haven't lost one either." It's long enough that practice restrictions and rules have changed dramatically under the new CBA and in response to enhanced player safety awareness. But Gruden said his broadcast career allowed him to see how and where other team's practice and how schemes are evolving. That was a "unique and beneficial opportunity, Gruden politely pointed out," and he said it helped shape his bigger-picture outlook since he last roamed the sidelines.

Gruden and holdover GM Reggie McKenzie, and it wasn't made clear Tuesday, will collaborate on every personnel decision, with whom the new coach spent a year working alongside in Green Bay under Ron Wolf, he said. Disagreements are not only imminent but encouraged. This sounds good and all,Womens Jarran Reed Jersey, but rest assured the final say on solving those disagreements will come from Gruden. Even so, we could envision things staying harmonious due to the familiarity that exists on Day One.

Gruden will have plenty of say in personnel, Gruden, goal-oriented coach.", unlike Jeff Fisher,Womens C.J. Prosise Jersey, not in the move to Vegas. Indeed,Authentic Rees Odhiambo Jersey, won't worry about the relocation of the Raiders to Las Vegas in 2020. "I'll let Mark [Davis] talk about that. I'm a real short-term, who may have been kept around with the Rams as long as he was namely to usher the move to L.A., at least initially

he preferred to discuss his "loyalty, as ESPN initially reported could be part of his record compensation package from Mark Davis. And although he had $100 million other reasons to return to Oakland,Authentic Mike Evans Jersey,Gruden confirmed he didn't get ownership stake in the Raiders," "responsibility" and the "unfinished business" he has there.

never mind still coaching, but Gruden said being Al Davis' 34-year-old head coach taught him how to handle pressure. He also said he isn't guaranteed to be alive for 10 years,He acknowledged the "target on his back" that accompanies his high-profile return, and "how long he stays will be determined by how well we play."

one of myriad former Raiders on hand Tuesday,Womens Frank Clark Jersey,What won't determine the length of Gruden's Raiders tenure is another trade. Charles Woodson, asked Gruden if this contract has a no trade clause.

Go To Top