WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Antropovs hat trick lifts Leafs to 4th s
sherry2018love

post.gif posted on 19-12-2017 at 13:42
Antropovs hat trick lifts Leafs to 4th s

NEW YORK - Nik Antropov's second NHL hat trick was eight years in the making.Not since the six-foot-six centre was a 19-year-old rookie, fresh Nelson Agholor Jersey out of the Ru sian league, had he scored three times in a game. Using his big body and deft stick-handling in front, Antropov used a series of tips and deflections to score three goals Thursday night. He chased Henrik Lundqvist from the net and carried Toronto to a 6-2 victory over the New York Rangers, the Maple Leafs' season-high fourth straight win.Not since Dec. 20, 1999, at Florida had he done anything like that."Almost exactly eight years," he said. "I remember it though."Toronto, which hadn't won more than two in a row before this spurt, beat the Rangers in both road meetings this season - outscoring them 9-3. The Maple Leafs scored six times on 16 shots.Combined with a season-low, 15-shot effort, in a Vinny Curry Jersey 3-1 home win over Nashville on Tuesday night, the Maple Leafs have back-to-back wins with a mere 31 shots."Obviously, we'd like to get more than we had these last two games," captain Mats Sundin said. "We've got to produce more shots than 16 if we want to be succe sful, but at least we're not giving up the high quality scoring chances. Not too many, anyway."Antropov scored on all three shots he recorded. He has five goals in three games after going 10 straight without one Jordan Matthews Jersey ."It was (10) games without a goal but I didn't think about it a lot. I did pretty much everything the same, it just didn't go in," he said. "Nobody can go the whole the 82 games scoring every game or every second game." Brandon Brooks Jersey His second goal was originally credited to Ian White, but was changed when video showed Antropov deflected it in. Antropov netted his third, and 14th this season, when he got his stick on a hard drive by defenceman Pavel Kubina from the right circle.

Go To Top