WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oilers coach Eakins says Oilers are impr
sherry2018love

cool.gif posted on 19-12-2017 at 13:39
Oilers coach Eakins says Oilers are impr

EDMONTON - It's been eight seasons since the Edmonton Oilers last made the NHL playoffs, so coach Dallas Eakins wasn't talking much about expectations when the players reported for medicals on Thursday.Instead he was focusing on the "proce s."While he and Cassius Marsh Jersey most of the players were quietly expre sing optimism that the team is much improved over last season, Eakins said he wanted the team to "be modest."We want to have no regrets for the past and no anxieties for the future Michael Bennett Jersey ," he said. "It's what are we doing today and that's it."It's all about the proce s. How are we going to get better today? What did I do today to get better and did I gain any respect today? That's how we want to go after it and everything else looks after itself."At the same time he admitted the club is excited about the off-season changes and the adjustments to Dion Jordan Jersey his coaching staff. Gone are a sistants Steve Smith and Kelly Buchberger, replaced by Craig Ramsay and Keith Acton.The team added some much needed size with the addition of veteran forwards Kevin Westgarth, Teddy Purcell and Benoit Pouliot. All three stand six-foot-three or taller."We're not going to come in and save the day but I think we're going to add some good depth," Purcell said.Equally important, they upgraded a defence that gave up 270 goals last season, the most in the NHL. The team added Mark Fayne from New Jersey, Nikita Nikitin from Columbus and Keith Aulie from Tampa Bay to support returning veterans Jeff Petry, Andrew Ference and Justin Schultz.Expected Arthur Brown Jersey to battle for spots on the backend will be David Musil, Martin Marincin, who played 44 games in Edmonton last year, Oscar Kiefbom, who had 17 games with the Oilers, and perhaps Darnell Nurse, the team's first-round draft pick two years ago.

Go To Top