WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Veteran winger Gary Roberts officially a
sherry2018love

info.gif posted on 11-12-2017 at 05:13
Veteran winger Gary Roberts officially a

He began his pro career with the Calgary Flames so Gary Roberts feels it was only fitting that his final NHL game was played in the Alberta city.Roberts recorded an a sist in Tampa Bay's 8-6 win at the Saddledome on March 1. He didn't know it at the time, but that was to be the last time Damian Swann Jersey he'd suit up in an NHL game.Roberts, 42, ended his 21-year career Tuesday, officially announcing his retirement during a conference call with reporters. The move was expected after the Lightning placed the veteran forward on waivers last week and he was not claimed.Roberts broke in with the Flames in 1987 and won his only Stanley Cup title with the team Chris Banjo Jersey two years later."For me, it's a little emotional," he said, his voice wavering. "Calgary has got a big place in my heart."Obviously winning a Stanley Cup there was my best hockey memory that I can remember. So very fitting and thankful, actually, that if it was going to end that way, that it ended where I Joe Morgan Jersey won a Stanley Cup."Roberts also retired from the Flames in 1996 due to a chronic neck injury, but returned to the NHL the following season with Carolina."I said when I came back I would take it a year at a time and I felt every year was a bonus year for me," he said. "I never fathomed I'd last this long."For Garrett Griffin Jersey me, coming back from that was a huge challenge and made me a stronger player and stronger person."Roberts appeared in 639 games following his neck injury, recording 181 goals and 405 points.

Go To Top