WebHosting Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Darrius Heyward-Bey is fighting for his NFL life
aliciahuang

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 03:35
Darrius Heyward-Bey is fighting for his NFL life

000 receiving yards in a season, and at this point,Authentic John Elway Jersey,Darrius Heyward-Bey is a long way from his time as the No. 7 overall pick. He has bounced around the NFL and is now on his third team with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has never gained 1, he's basically a depth receiver for a good team.

But don't tell him that. Heyward-Bey is doing everything in his power to earn playing time for the Pittsburgh Steelers without letting his pedigree give him a swollen head. According to Teresa Varley of Steelers.com, he's working hard and willing to do whatever the team needs from him.

” said Heyward-Bey. “I always feel like I have to prove not only to the coaching staff,Womens Von Miller Jersey,“I always feel like I am on a one-year deal, but my teammates that I have a spot on the team. Whether that’s playing receiver or doing more on special teams. I never feel like anything is guaranteed. That has always helped in my process.”

Heyward-Bey just wants to be a part of a strong team. He's excited about the players on his team,At this point, as much for the winning they can provide as the competition they bring.

“The talent and mix of guys, everybody has played except for JuJu. That makes it even more competitive. Everybody has had playing time. They have been in big moments. They had to make big plays in big games. It’s going to be interesting down to the stretch. Everybody is making plays. Everybody is paying attention to details. They understand that these preseason games are going to be big for everybody. You have to make plays and be accountable.”

and Martavis Bryant is too talented to be released. Eli Rogers produced more than Heyward-Bey last season,Authentic Cole Beasley Jersey,Heyward-Bey is going to have to fight just to make the team. Antonio Brown is a roster lock. JuJu Smith-Schuster is as well on the basis of his draft position, and Sammie Coates is essentially a younger version of him.

He is going to have to prove that his veteran experience has made him a more versatile player than Coates to secure any sort of role in the passing game. If Justin Hunter continues to stand out at camp,Authentic Sean Lee Jersey, both of them could be in trouble. Cobi Hamilton and DeMarcus Ayers won't go quietly into the night either.

but one that's still encouraging. The Steelers are the kind of team that encourages competition. Every player has to earn their roster spot and playing time,Womens John Elway Jersey,This is the sort of training camp story you expect to hear from a veteran clinging to NFL life,Authentic Trevor Siemian Jersey, so Heyward-Bey is letting his work do the talking.

x

and his pedigree would suggest that he's simply a camp body. But this team knows more than anyone what an unheralded prospect can become even several years after beginning their career. The Steelers are, after all,Mike Hilton was an undrafted free agent who couldn't stick with the Jacksonville Jaguars last season. Now he's with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team that shepherded James Harrison into stardom.

Hilton has turned heads at Steelers camp so far, and Zach Metkler of Steel City Underground wrote a profile about the team's emerging new cornerback.

Hilton went undrafted out of Ole Miss in 2016 after being a 2015 2nd-Team All-SEC selection and signed with the Jaguars before ultimately ending up on the Patriots practice squad for one week. By the end of the season,"As an unknown (even to some of his teammates), Hilton had been picked up by the Steelers and stashed away on the practice squad before signing a Reserve/Future contract at the beginning of this offseason."

The obvious question becomes,Womens Cole Beasley Jersey, why did Hilton go undrafted? Metkler has a theory.

"[Hilton] is an average athlete,Womens Sean Lee Jersey,Authentic Von Miller Jersey,Womens Trevor Siemian Jersey, clocking only a 4.55-second 40-yard dash and a 33.5″ vertical. [Senquez] Golson had identical vertical measurements but ran a 4.46-second 40 at the 2015 NFL Combine."

Go To Top